My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Trust

Trust. I would think that with all I have been through in my life, that trust would come easy to me by now. But, I'm human, and I mess up all the time.

Trust. God has never that first time failed me. He has never once not been there when I called on Him. He has never turned His back on me.

Trust. It's not God that can not be trusted, but me that has a hard time trusting. Am I confusing God with the people that have let me down? No. What I'm doing is turning to my emotions rather than my faith. Emotions are not of God, because they change and our God is constant. Emotions are fleeting and our God is steadfast.

Trust. I will trust God with all that I am. I will give Him direction over my feet. I will set my sight upon Him, and not on what I see. I will trust Him with all that I am, because all that I am is because of Him. He knows me better than I know myself. He knows the result of all my decisions before the choice has even been given to me. And that choice is mine to make.

I choose to trust. He holds me in the palms of His hands, and there is no safer place to be.

Trust.


Father,
I ask You to forgive me of my sins. I acknowledge my errors, and I know there are many, but You are a mighty God with more love than this world can understand. I thank You that through Your son, Jesus, I can confess my sins before You and be forgiven.
Father, I ask that I will remember to trust You with my life. Changes are coming my way, Lord, and on my own, they seem to be more than I can handle. They are more than I can handle. But, Father, nothing is impossible for You. This is one thing that I know beyond a shadow of doubt. This is the knowledge that I must keep first and foremost in my thoughts.
Carry me, Lord, when I fall. I don't wish to fall, but right now, I can't seem to help myself. I will trust You, Lord. I will trust You.
In the name of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior, I pray. Amen.