My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

We're Called To Help, Not Hinder

In the effort of proving to the world, to themselves and even to God, what good Christians they are, some people step on others. They cast their words as stones and hurt others. In their attempt to desperately separate themselves from the world, they also separate themselves from the Word of God. They present themselves as a stumbling block on the path that others are on to yet find their place in Christ. That path is a difficult one to many. The Word tells us that not only is it a narrow road, but that Satan will be coming at us with every road block possible to keep us from reaching our place with the Father. It is sad that Christians, knowingly or not, aid Satan in placing those road blocks in the way of those who are yet to believe, those who have yet to accept Christ as their Savior, those who are still being lured by the temptings this world has to offer.
I remember clearly being on this road. I am thankful for those Christians that visited the pits of hell, to witness love and acceptance to me. It had to be uncomfortable for them. It must have taken much prayer and putting on the whole armor of God to walk into the places where I was. But they did. The Word also tells us to avoid threatening (Ephesians 6:9), that there is NO respect of persons with the Father.
I think, perhaps, that some Christians forget that they are not coming against the person, but against "principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world..." (Ephesians 6:12)
Many times the Word instructs us to love one another. It is by His grace that we are in Him, not by anything of our own. Not by our own works, not by whom we choose to surround ourselves with, but by HIS GRACE. What good do we do to spread His Word to those who already know Him, to show His Love to those who already love Him or to be an example of Him to those who have already accepted Him? And what good do we do to be a stumbling block to those who have yet accepted Him into their hearts?

Father,
I ask You to forgive me of my sins. I acknowledge the many mistakes I've made, the hardness of my heart which is in no way of You, and thank You for that forgiveness, which is through Your son, Jesus Christ.
I pray for those, Lord, who have already distanced themselves from the world in which they live. Though we are not of this world any longer, we are still in it and we exist to give witness of You. I pray that we would be sensitive to the leading and guiding of Your Holy Spirit as we encounter those who are still lost, and that we would witness to them in love that they may see You in us. What an awesome privilege that is for us, Father.
I give you thanks for my many blessings, and for the lives that I may touch today. In the name of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, I pray. Amen.