My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

We All Fall Short

We make mistakes. All of us. Some are small, like forgetting to shut off the water and flooding the kitchen. Some are larger, like releasing a built up anger and hurting someone physically. I've done neither of these things, so don't try stretching your imagination. I'm using them as examples, because the mistakes I've made are between myself and God. And, so are your mistakes...they are between you and the Father.
When we confess our sins, to the Father, and ask His forgiveness, not only does He forgive, but He rejoices, because we have reconciled ourselves to Him once again.
Sometimes, when we make mistakes, we condemn ourselves. God never does. We feel our shame, and we may turn from Him. But make no mistake, He never turns His back on us.
The shame and torment that we are going through, it's not of God. We feel guilty. In our spirit, we know we've done wrong. Every time we look at ourselves in the mirror, it's that mistake we see. It's our own shame we see in our eyes. Not Gods.

I'm not a theologian. I've never claimed to be and if you've ever came here thinking I was, you've made a mistake. I pray, and I testify. That's all.

With that said, I wonder if when God created Adam and Eve, and they disobeyed Him, if perhaps He couldn't fully understand why or how they could do that to Him. He sent them from the garden of Eden. Over time, as man continued to go his own way, rather than God's, He sent the flood. I wonder if perhaps that is the purpose and the need to send Christ. No, I know that it was for us, our salvation. But, for the first time, God was man, and He lived as a man. There had to be a reason, and I honestly wonder if it were so He could first hand know our temptations and understand our failures, to feel what we feel. And He wept, Jesus wept.

I don't know if any of that makes any sense whatsoever, but because of God having lived as a flesh and blood man, I KNOW that he understands my feelings. I know that He understands my trials and my tribulations, my success and my failures. It's why I feel comfortable to go before Him, to cry and confess my wrongs and ask Him to forgive me. Because I know He's been here and been through what I've gone through, and that He understands. I know that He is simply glad that I have gone through what I have and still call upon His name. He rejoices that though sometimes I may go off course, I always find my way back to Him. And every time, without fail, He has forgiven me and replaced my sorrow with joy. His joy.


Father,
I make mistakes. I can't believe how many I can make in 24 hours. I ask You to forgive me, and I thank You that I can come before You at any time and lay those errors of judgment at Your feet. Not only lay them there...but leave but leave them there.
Father, I ask that those who come across my words will leave their burdens at Your feet. I pray that they will be led by Your Holy Spirit to give you their wrongs and walk away with Your love, with Your joy and with Your peace. Help me, Lord, to share what I have of You every day of my life.
In the name of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, I pray. Amen.