My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The Smallest Of Candles

We are each called to follow Christ and to shine His light in a world of darkness. The Word tells us that we are not to hide that light, but to let it shine in world of darkness. There is so much darkness in our world, and yet regardless of how black that darkness and that void is...it can not help but succumb to the light. God is that light, and we are His candles carrying that flame to a world that is lost.
Regardless of the well intentions, the candle can not be the flame. The candle is but a servant to the flame, a carrier of the flame. It is not the candles purpose to be a light, but to provide a way for the light to be. God is the only flame that can bring light to darkness. A candle without flame is useless. Yet, I see a lot of candles believing they are the flame and therefore plumping themselves up like a rooster in a hen house. They forget that they, in themselves, can do nothing. Without conceding that Christ is their light, their flame, they are useless and in fact can do more damage to a world that is already bumping into things in this vast void of darkness.
The smallest of candles, once lit, provides a way to many. Regardless of the size of the candle, the flame gives light to darkness.

Father,
I come before You with a humble heart. I acknowledge that I am a sinner, and ask that my sins be forgiven me as I repent, Lord.
I thank You that You love me, that You gave Your only begotten Son for me, and that Your Holy Spirit dwells within me as a lamp unto my feet. I pray Father, that that Light within me will be a beacon to others that are lost and hurting, that it may be a compass to the only real and everlasting source of joy. You, Father, will I serve.
I thank You for anyone whose path will cross this page today. I ask that You would bless them and encourage them in all their ways.
I praise You, and I thank You in Jesus' name, Amen.