My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Different But Equal

I love God with all my heart, and I have since 1982. God loves me with all of His heart and has since the beginning of time. His love is strong and His love is forgiving. He knew my shortcomings before I was born, He knew my strong suits too. I had to learn them on my own, and the lesson is ongoing. But I will trust Him to guide me, to lift me up when I fall, to comfort me when I'm hurt and to reprimand me when I err. Because He not only is my Creator, but my Father. He loves me with a Fathers love. There is no sibling rivalry, God loves all His children equally. Sometimes we bring Him tears of joy and sometimes tears of sorrow. But regardless of the cause of tears, He will not turn His back on His children. We may, of our own accord, place a wedge between ourselves and our Father, but when we call, He will still answer. It's who He is.

Father,
I come before you with a humble heart. I acknowledge the errors of my ways before You and ask You for Your forgiveness.
Father, I pray that Your Holy Spirit will make Himself known to those that call upon Your holy name. I pray that their old man will be laid to rest and their new man will rise, filled with Your Holy Spirit. Glory be Your name forever.
In the blessed name of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, I pray. Amen.