My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Friday, April 21, 2006

Worthy

Sometimes you find something that is a mess, like a wadded up rug at a garage sale, until you pick it up, hold it up and let it fall into it's natural shape, and you find you have a treasure. Too many examples to give, an old painting stored in the attic, a diamond ring put in with some costume jewelry, a classic pottery piece gathered with a lot of cheap glassware. Yeah, too many to state.
But, the beauty is there, the value is there, it's just not been used for awhile. It's gathered dust. It's been overlooked, undervalued and discarded. Still, all it takes is someone to be curious, to take that minute to pick it up, dust it off and see it's value.
We all feel like that sometimes, like we're overlooked, undervalued and discarded. But regardless if the entire world fails to see our value, the creator of all things knows our worth. He never questions it, even though we question ourselves at times. He knows our worth, and we are valued.
Today, I feel overlooked, undervalued and discarded. But in my heart, I know that I'm worth the price Christ paid for me. I am worthy!
So, today I'm resting. Trusting in His love for me while I rest, while I indulge myself in some 'me' time.

Father,
I ask You to forgive me of my sins, Lord. My selfishness, my bad attitude and my lack of patience. I confess this to You, and acknowledge my errors. I thank You, for Your love and Your forgiveness.
I pray that anyone coming across this post today would know that You love them, regardless of their mistakes. I pray that they will know that regardless of the ways they fall short, that they are still loved by You, and that they are precious to You.
I thank You. In Jesus name I pray, amen.