My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Timing

First, please forgive me for being so lack in my posting here. I've been selfish for not posting here more often, and I've been convicted of it. Again, I'm sorry and ask your forgiveness.

Many times in my life I've found myself frustrated when I've waited on God's direction in my life. I've become impatient and sometimes doubted myself, whether I'm listening carefully enough to God, whether I'm sensitive enough to the Holy Spirit.
What I should have learned in all my 24 years since I've given my life to God is that He has special timing...and that His timing is perfect. Mine...not so much. Though at the time, when I think I need something (or some times 'want' something) I believe it should be now...or at least soon. However, then how would I learn patience? If our children got what they wanted every time they thought they needed (or wanted) something, they'd be spoiled rotten. I don't want to be spoiled rotten. They'd not appreciate anything they received. I want to be appreciative. Most importantly, they'd not give thanks for what they received. I want to live in a state of thanksgiving and of praise.

So, I'm fighting that human nature part of me that wants to throw a childish fit and say I need (fill in the blank...there's a large choice of things to choose from lately) NOW and trust God's timing instead. His perfect timing. It's something I have done, something I can do and something I will continue to do for the rest of my life, because if I have learned anything in these last 24 years, it's that I can trust Him...completely.


Father,
Forgive me, Lord, for my sins. Forgive me that I've not had my priorities in order the last couple of weeks. Forgive me that I've tried to keep things in my life in order rather than giving them to You and trusting You to take care of them.
I am so thankful for the many times that I've not gotten my own way, and for the lessons I've learned from trusting in You. You are forever my answer, forever my solution, forever my God. I love you with all that I am and all that I will ever be. Which, by the way, is up to You. I'm in good hands.
In the name of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, I pray. Amen