My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Celebrating The Ultimate Sacrifice

Before I share anything with you today, I ask that you visit this post on The Resurrection by my friend, Deb.




God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. I believe in the Trinity. How is it possible? I don't know, but I've learned to "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thy own understanding. In ALL thy ways acknowledge HIM, and he shall direct thy paths". (Proverbs 3:1-6). What I know, from the Trinity, is that They have all been together, forever. Though separate, they are One. They, together, know what is beyond this world waiting for us, what is available to us.
I believe that this is one of the reasons why when God the Son, while yet also a man, walked this earth that, though He was tempted, was able to remain without sin. He knew the comparison, and there was a true choice of what was worth more. Sin on this earth, as tempting as it's been made to be, or all of Gods children having a way made for them to dwell with the Trinity forever. I, also, believe that having been together (the Trinity) forever, that it must have been so lonely for the Father and the Holy Spirit when Christ left Heaven to be born upon the earth a man, and how hard it must have been for Them to watch Christ go through what He did. When Christ could have chosen to go home at any time, to call upon all the angels of heaven to do battle for Him, and yet He chose to suffer and die, so that we could be saved by His death and resurrection. "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (St. John 3:16) and ..."these things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God". (1 John 5:13)
What a celebration there must've been in heaven when the Trinity was reunited, and what a celebration there is yet to be when we join them. This is why my family celebrates Easter. Christ paid a price that we were unable to do, we have been bought with the blood of the Lamb and we know what our future holds.
My family prays that you and your family will have a blessed and happy Easter.

Father,
I come to you, lord, asking that my sins be forgiven, and that I am able to kneel before you washed in the blood of my Christ.
What a season of celebration for those who know You, Father. The joy that is in our hearts, the hope that fills our spirits and the anticipation of being with You, Your Son and Your Holy Spirit, is nearly too much to contain in this earthly vessel. I thank You that Your Son made that way possible for me. I thank you, that He paid a price that I was unable to pay.
It's my prayer, Lord, that those who have yet to know You, will be touched by Your Holy Spirit this day and that their day will cross paths with someone who has been sent by You, to do Your will, to do Your bidding. That there will a be a witness in their life today that they are not able to ignore. And I ask You, Father, to meet them where they are in their life, and that they may know Your Glory this day of holy celebration. In Jesus name, I pray. Amen.