My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Questions

I've always been the kind of person that you have to prove things to. I've always found it hard to trust anything, people, books, signs, I've questioned it all. I'm sure it has much to do with never having anything to trust in growing up. But, I'm an adult now and all reasons are no longer important. Before I came to Christ, one of my major hurdles keeping me from believing was my constant questioning. 'How could this be possible? How could that be possible?'
I still have questions, 23 years later, but I don't let them hinder my walk with Christ. The questions I have now can be found in the Word (thank God for the concordance), but mostly I find them in Him and by practicing faith. Faith is like a muscle, the more it is used the stronger it gets.
What I've learned is to not waste my time on questions I can't answer. People ask me if I believe in UFO's, do I believe in ghosts, how do I explain prehistoric man? The only answer I can give them is an honest one, 'I don't know'.
Timothy 1:4 tells us: Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies (history), which minister (cause) questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith.
The Word concludes in Timothy 6:20 & 21: keep that which is committed to thy trust (the Word), avoiding profane (such as do not honor God) and vain (empty) babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
Which some professing have erred (made mistakes) concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

My son, Charlie, has asked me a few good questions lately. If Adam and Eve were the first 2 people, where did everyone else come from unless there was incest. Truth is, I don't know. Perhaps God created a Jane and John to live down the block from Adam and Eve, we don't know. He's asked all the good ones as he's walking down that road heading towards giving himself totally to Christ, I remember that road. Some just run down it with ease, some stumble and fall, but get back up and keep walking. The destination is the same, the journey is what makes us individuals and we're all special and precious in God's sight.

What I impress upon him is that there are things that we will never know until we are home with the Father and all things are revealed to us. What I impress upon him, and what I bear in mind myself, is this, Ecclesiastes 12:12-13: And further by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end, and much study is as weariness of the flesh. Let us hear the conclusion (the end of the matter) of the whole matter: Fear (respect, honor) God, and keep His commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. Yes, for this is the WHOLE duty of man.

Father,
I confess my sins to you Lord, and ask that You forgive me of my wrong doings. For this, I give You thanks and bless Your Holy name. You are holy and You are merciful.
Father, there are many questions that fill our human nature, we are, by nature, curious. But as a child that learns what doors he or she may open and which are forbidden, we learn to accept that there are things which are not known to us, that they are behind a forbidden door and are not for our edification. I am thankful for your patience, Lord, as we, Your children, learn to walk towards You with all the lessons that come with maturity in You.
I pray that Your love would be shared by those who know You and are continuously growing in You. I welcome the day that all things will be revealed to me, but until that time, I will serve You with a joyous heart, Father, because I am Your beloved. In Jesus name, I pray. Amen.